By Alain Vande Wouwer,A, Vande Wouwer,Ph. Saucez,W.E. Schiesser
Written by way of unique researchers within the box, Adaptive approach to strains displays the variety of concepts and functions concerning the MOL. such a lot of its chapters specialize in a selected program but in addition supply a dialogue of underlying philosophy and method. specific awareness is paid to the idea that of either temporal and spatial adaptivity in fixing time-dependent PDEs. Many very important rules and strategies are brought, together with relocating grids and grid refinement, static and dynamic gridding, the equidistribution precept and the concept that of a visual display unit functionality, the minimization of a practical, and the relocating finite aspect procedure. purposes addressed comprise shallow water circulation, combustion and flame propagation, delivery in porous media, gasoline dynamics, chemical engineering tactics, solitary waves, and magnetohydrodynamics.
As the 1st complex textual content to symbolize the fashionable period of the strategy of traces, this monograph bargains a superb chance to find new ideas, research new concepts, and discover quite a lot of applications.
Read Online or Download Adaptive Method of Lines PDF
Best differential equations books
This quantity incorporates a wealth of effects and methodologies acceptable to a variety of difficulties coming up in reaction-diffusion concept. it may be considered either as a guide, and as an in depth description of the technique. The authors current new equipment in line with matched asymptotic expansions.
This monograph offers new instruments for modeling multiscale organic strategies. average procedures tend to be pushed through mechanisms largely differing from one another within the time or area scale at which they function and hence will be defined through acceptable multiscale versions. even though, taking a look at all such scales at the same time is usually infeasible, expensive, and offers details that's redundant for a specific software.
Dieses Lehrbuch führt in das Gebiet der Differentialgleichungen und der mathematischen Modellbildung ein. Dabei werden etablierte und moderne Rechenmethoden besprochen und es wird erläutert, wie diese zur mathematischen Modellierung benutzt werden können. Lie-Gruppen und deren Einsatz zur Lösung von Differentialgleichungen spielen dabei eine tragende Rolle.
- From Hyperbolic Systems to Kinetic Theory: A Personalized Quest: 6 (Lecture Notes of the Unione Matematica Italiana)
- Asymptotic Methods for Ordinary Differential Equations (Mathematics and Its Applications)
- Potential Theory (Universitext)
- Handbook of Differential Equations: Ordinary Differential Equations: 1
- A Primer on Wavelets and Their Scientific Applications, Second Edition (Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
- Handbook of Differential Equations: Ordinary Differential Equations: 2
Additional info for Adaptive Method of Lines
Adaptive Method of Lines by Alain Vande Wouwer,A, Vande Wouwer,Ph. Saucez,W.E. Schiesser
- Download PDF by Colin Christopher,Chengzhi Li: Limit Cycles of Differential Equations (Advanced Courses in
- Download e-book for iPad: Smoothing and Decay Estimates for Nonlinear Diffusion by Juan Luis Vázquez